Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is an open-world action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. The video game is set within the fictional U.S. state of San Andreas, which is based on several U.S. states, predominantly California and Nevada.
It was developed on the GTA III engine but modified extensively. New locations, vehicles, weapons, and weather effects were added. Also improved targeting system, combat, and driving mechanics.
This article will present you with some facts that you probably don't know about this game.
- The game's main character, "CJ" is shown to be the same height as Carl Johnson from GTA 3, even though he is shorter.
- The game was originally planned to be named "Grand Theft Auto: Sin City" , but as a result of the September 11 attacks, the name of the city was changed to "Los Santos" in an attempt to dissociate the game from the actual city.
- There are over 60 vehicles in the game, and they are all based on real-life models.
- San Andreas is the first game in the series to feature a parachute jump.
- The total sales of the game exceeded 21.5 million copies.
- GTA: SA was included in the Guinness World Records in 2009.
- The San Andreas map is about the same size as the real Los Angeles, California.
- This game has been awarded as the best PlayStation 2 game of all time.
- In the game, you will be able to visit the Los Santos Cathedral and the Jefferson Motel, which is located next to it. This motel is very famous among fans of the series. In the 70's and 80's, rock bands and musicians stayed there, for example, the Rolling Stones.
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has a huge number of references to other popular games. For example, you will often see posters for the game "Red Dead Redemption", which was created by the same company.
The Bottom Line
We can see how Grand Theft Auto was really a revolutionary game in the gaming world as it did not focus on the usual killing and violence. Instead, it focused on the action in the fictional state of San Andreas, and it was a big hit. The game was immensely popular, and it is still popular among gamers. So, if you want to have a taste of the action, make sure to play GTA San Andreas.